Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Full Metal Panic! Goes Hollywood



Just when you thought you were safe from them dragonballs... BAM

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i701e5f503331aba0beae0430fe927543


I guess supporting these early adaptations films (no matter what horror they might bring) would be the right thing to do.. after all, their successes opens up opportunities for more future projects!

if you don't know what FMP is, you're missing out!
http://milledrive.com/videos/9156/Full_Metal_Panic_01
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z83PFSL72U8&fmt=18

more evidence of how infected mainstream is:
Well, I have to say one of my interests as of lately is this Japanese animated series called Code Geass. In fact, I bought the DVDs only to find out from a friend who's really, you know, more geeked out about that Japan sort of stuff than I am, [laughter] about the special edition sets they had. Soo... [laughter] I got those too and though they're rather pricey as far as DVDs go I think it was well worth it.

-Justin Timberlake in an interview with Rolling Stone Magazine

"Shit, you know, I gotta say I just recently finished this Japanese graphic novel series.. oh they're call mangas right? Well, anyway I finished this Japanese manga comic series thing called Monster. Absolute brilliance. I mean, seriously, I can't say too much about it without potentially ruining some of the great twists in the series and it has a lot of great twists."

-Shawn Corey Carter (rapper Jay-Z) in an interview with The Source

"GUILTY PLEASURE AS OF RECENTLY: Soul Eater. It's a Japanese cartoon about.. the name's pretty self-explanatory, wouldn't you say?"

-Zach Braff

"Kamina from Gurren something-or-rather. It's one of them Japany cartoon series. Saw it while bored and flipping through cable channels late night. Why can't they show this shit during the day when I'm more awake? Hahaha. Anyway, this Kamina or whoever he is straight up gangsta motherfucker, know what I'm saying? Gotta give props to that sharkman type character uh.. Viral as well. Though he can be a bit of a bitch from time to time. Hahaha."

-50 Cent

it's great to see how more and more people are starting to appreciate anime for the brilliant parts within them, with an open mind.

someone's gonna get cut if they screw up tessa

No comments: